Specific Loan (Rhodesia Railways) Act, 1950
- Commenced on 22 December 1950
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Specific Loan (Rhodesia Railways) Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"Governor" means the Governor of the former Protectorate of Northern Rhodesia.
3. Authority to borrow by issue of debentures or stockThe Governor is hereby authorised to issue debentures or stock or both under the provisions of the General Loan and Stock Act, to an amount sufficient to produce as nearly as may be the sum of seven million five hundred and forty thousand pounds sterling, and such further sum as may be necessary to defray the expenses of issue.[Cap. 350]
4. Application of loan
5. Commencement of contribution to sinking fundContributions to the sinking fund, as contemplated by the provision of sections fourteen and twenty-seven of the General Loan and Stock Act, shall commence in respect of any debentures or stock issued under this Act not later than three years after the date from which the interest on such debentures or stock shall commence to run.[Cap. 350]
6. Powers to issue treasury billsPending the issue of the whole or any portion of the loan hereby authorised, the President may, if necessary, raise instalments of the money as required by the issue of treasury bills under the Treasury Bills Act.[Cap. 348]
History of this document
31 December 1996 this version
22 December 1950