This Act was repealed on 2010-04-16 by Dairy Produce Board (Establishment) (Repeal) Act, 2010.
Dairy Produce Board (Establishment) Act, 1964
- Commenced on 4 January 1964
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
- [Repealed by Dairy Produce Board (Establishment) (Repeal) Act, 2010 (Act 9 of 2010) on 16 April 2010]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Dairy Produce Board (Establishment) Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"Board" means the Dairy Produce Board established under section three;"producer" means a producer of milk or a milk product manufactured or prepared by him from milk of which he is the producer.[As amended by G.N. No. 319 of 1964]
3. Establishment of Dairy Produce BoardThere is hereby established a Board to be known as the Dairy Produce Board which shall be a body corporate with a common seal and capable of suing and being sued and, subject to the provisions of this Act, of doing all such acts as a body corporate may by law perform.
4. Composition of Board
5. Tenure of office and vacancies
6. Meetings of Board
7. Committees of Board
8. Right of certain officers to attend and take part at meetings of Board and committeesAn officer of the Ministry nominated by the Minister shall be entitled to attend any meeting of the Board, or of a committee of the Board, and may take part in the proceedings of the Board, or a committee of the Board, as if he were a member, save that he shall not have a vote.
9. Member to declare connection with companies and firms dealing with Board
10. Functions and duties of BoardThe Board shall have and may exercise all the powers and functions and shall perform all the duties conferred or imposed on the Board by the Dairy Produce Marketing and Levy Act.[Cap. 234][G.N. No. 91 of 1964]
11. Contracts and instruments of BoardAn agreement, contract or other instrument may be entered into or executed on behalf of the Board by any person or persons generally or specially authorised by the Board for that purpose.
12. Funds of BoardThe funds of the Board shall consist of—
13. Validity of contracts made before establishment of Board
History of this document
16 April 2010
31 December 1996 this version
04 January 1964