General Loans (International Bank) Act, 1966
- Commenced on 16 September 1966
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the General Loans (International Bank) Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"foreign currency" means currency other than the currency of Zambia;"International Bank" means the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
3. Power to borrow from International Bank
4. Application of sums borrowedAny sums borrowed under the powers conferred by this Act shall be applied to the purposes specified in the agreement concluded with the International Bank in respect of the sums so borrowed or to such other purposes as may be agreed between the Minister or any person authorised by him in writing and the International Bank.
5. Repayment of sums borrowed and payment of interest and other chargesThere shall be paid out of the general revenues of the Republic such moneys as may be necessary—
6. Implementation of agreements
7. Construction of borrowing powersThe power to borrow conferred by this Act shall be in addition to the power to borrow conferred by any other written law.
History of this document
31 December 1996 this version
16 September 1966