Zambia Tanzania Pipeline Act, 1967
- Commenced on 27 January 1967
- [This is the version of this document as it was at 31 December 1996 to 30 August 2009.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Zambia Tanzania Pipeline Act.
3. Objects of CompanyThe objects of the Company are to design, construct, lay, own, operate and maintain a pipeline for the carriage of oil or petroleum products from a point at or near Dar es Salaam in Tanzania to a point at or near Ndola in Zambia.
4. Right of entry
5. Rights over unalienated land
6. Wayleaves over private land
7. Compulsory acquisition of private land
8. Payment of adequate compensationWhere the powers under section six or seven are exercised by the President, every person having an interest in or right over the land concerned shall be paid adequate compensation from moneys appropriated by Parliament for the purpose.
9. Access to High Court
10. Assessment of compensationWhen the Government pays any compensation in pursuance of the provisions of section eight, the Company shall, upon being called to do so by the Commissioner of Lands, pay to the Government the amount of such compensation.
11. Registration of orders made under section 6 or 7Notwithstanding anything contained in the Lands and Deeds Registry Act, the Registrar appointed thereunder shall, on application being made by the Commissioner of Lands, make such entries in the registers kept by him as are necessary for the registration of any order made under section six or seven.[Cap. 185]
12. OffenceAny person who, without the authority of the Company, wilfully destroys or damages any part of the pipeline constructed by or on behalf of the Company, or any works, structure or equipment incidental thereto, shall be guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding six thousand penalty units, or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or to both.[As amended by Act No. 13 of 1994]
History of this document
31 August 2009 amendment not yet applied
31 December 1996 this version
27 January 1967