General Loans (Mediobanca) Act, 1967
- Commenced on 27 January 1967
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the General Loans (Mediobanca) Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"foreign currency" means currency other than the currency of Zambia;"Mediobanca" means Mediobanca-Banca di Credito Finanziario S.P.A.
3. Power to borrow from Mediobanca-Banca di Credito Finanziario S.P.A.
4. Repayment of sums borrowed and payment of interest and other chargesThere shall be charged on and paid out of the general revenues of the Republic such moneys as may be necessary—
5. Implementation of agreementsNotwithstanding anything contained in any written law, the Minister may exercise all such powers and authorities and do or cause to be done all such things as appear to him to be necessary for giving full and complete effect to any agreement which may be entered into with Mediobanca in respect of any borrowing authorised by this Act.
6. Construction of borrowing powersThe power to borrow conferred by this Act shall be in addition to the power to borrow conferred by any other written law.
History of this document
31 December 1996 this version
27 January 1967