Flying Doctor Service Act, 1967
- Commenced on 7 September 1967
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Flying Doctor Service Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"Board" means the Flying Doctor Service Board established by section four;"the Service" means the Flying Doctor Service established by section three.
3. Objects of the ServiceThere shall be a service known as the Flying Doctor Service, the objects of which shall be to combat disease among and to promote the health and material well-being of the inhabitants of the rural areas of Zambia.
4. Establishment of BoardFor the purpose of carrying out the objects of the Service, there shall be a board known as the Flying Doctor Service Board which shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal and capable of suing and being sued and, subject to this Act, of performing all such acts as bodies corporate may perform.
5. Membership of Board
5A. Director of the Service
6. Proceedings of Board
7. Powers of Board
7A. Directions of the MinisterIn the exercise of its powers and performance of its functions under this Act, the Board shall comply with the directions which the Minister may from time to time give either Master generally or with respect to any particular matter or case.[No. 18 of 1972]
8. Accounts and audit
9. ***[Repealed by Act No. 25 of 1975]
9A. RegulationsThe Minister may, by statutory instrument, make regulations for the better carrying into effect of the provisions of this Act.[No. 18 of 1972]
10. TransitionalFor the purpose of establishing the Service, the Board may enter into any transaction to acquire any rights, real or personal property, or other assets from any person and by such transaction may assume legal responsibility for liabilities and obligations incurred by that person in connection with such rights, real and personal property or other assets or the use thereof.
History of this document
31 December 1996 this version
07 September 1967