National Council for Scientific Research Act, 1967
- Commenced on 11 August 1967
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the National Council for Scientific Research Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"chairman" means the chairman of the National Council for Scientific Research;"Council" means the National Council for Scientific Research;"Secretary-General" means the Secretary-General appointed pursuant to subsection (1) of section ten.
3. Establishment of CouncilThere is hereby established a Council to be known as the National Council for Scientific Research, which shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and a common seal and which shall be capable of suing and being sued and, subject to the provisions of this Act, of doing all such acts as a body corporate may by law perform.
4. Composition of Council
5. Tenure of office and vacancies
7. Committees of Council
8. Disclosure of interestIf a member of the Council or of any committee of the Council or his spouse is directly or indirectly financially interested in any matter being considered by the Council or any of the committees of the Council he shall immediately at that meeting disclose that interest and shall not be present at the meeting in his capacity as a member while such matter is being discussed and shall not take part in any discussion or vote on that matter or any question arising therefrom.
9. AllowancesMembers of the Council and of its committees shall not receive any remuneration in respect of their services but the Council may, out of its funds, pay allowances to cover expenses reasonably incurred by them in respect of attendance at meetings or while otherwise engaged on the business of the Council.
11. Miscellaneous administrative provisions
12. Discoveries and inventions to be vested in Council
13. Functions of Council
14. Powers of Council
15. Funds of Council
16. Exemption of members of Council from liability for loss of fundsMembers of the Council or of its committees shall not be held personally liable for any loss of the Council's funds.
17. Audit of accounts
18. Annual report to National AssemblyOn or before the 30th June in every year the Council shall furnish to the President for presentation to the National Assembly a report upon its work during the immediately preceding financial year together with an audited balance sheet and statement of accounts.[As amended by No. 32 of 1973]
19. RulesWith the approval of the President, the Council may, by rule, prescribe for the better carrying out of this Act, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing such rules may provide for the form and manner of reports, returns, applications for grants or loans and all other matters which in the opinion of the Council are essential for the performance of its functions or the exercise of its powers.
22. Dissolution of Agricultural Research Council of Zambia
History of this document
31 December 1996 this version
11 August 1967