Council of Law Reporting Act, 1967
- Commenced on 15 December 1967
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Council of Law Reporting Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"Council" means the Council of Law Reporting constituted by section three;"ex officio member" includes a member who is a Judge of the Supreme Court or a Judge, but does not include the General Editor of the Zambia Law Reports;"financial year" means the period of twelve months ending on the 31st December in each year:Provided that the financial year of the Council commencing on the 1st July, 1969, shall be the period of eighteen months ending on the 31st December, 1970.[As amended by No. 22 of 1970]
3. Constitution of CouncilThere is hereby constituted a Council of Law Reporting which shall under that name be a body corporate with perpetual succession and a common seal, capable of suing and being sued, acquiring, holding and disposing of property, entering into agreements and performing all such acts as are necessary for or connected with the carrying out of its objects and the exercise and performance of its functions under this Act or any law.
4. Membership and proceedings of Council
5. Objects and functions of CouncilThe objects and functions of the Council are—
6. Appointments by CouncilThe Council shall appoint—
7. Contracts and other instrumentsAn agreement, contract or instrument may be entered into, or executed on behalf of the Council by the chairman and one other member of the Council generally or specially authorised by the Council for the purpose.
8. Remuneration and allowances payable
9. Funds of CouncilThe funds of the Council shall consist of—
10. Accounts, audit and report
11. Validation of appointment of General Editor made before constitution of Council
History of this document
31 December 1996 this version
15 December 1967