Loans (Kafue Gorge Hydro-electric Power Project) Act, 1968
- Commenced on 7 June 1968
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Loans (Kafue Gorge Hydro-electric Power Project) Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"foreign currency" means any currency other than the currency of the Republic;"Kafue Gorge Hydro-electric Power Project" means the construction of a hydro-electric power station and main dam at Kafue Gorge (including works connected therewith) in accordance with the contract or contracts providing therefor.[As amended by No. 51 of 1968]
3. Power of Minister to borrow
4. Application of sums borrowedAny sums borrowed under section three shall be appropriated and applied for the purpose set out in the Schedule and to no other purpose.
5. Repayment of sums borrowed and payment of interest and other chargesThere shall be charged on and paid out of the general revenues of the Republic such moneys as may be necessary—
6. Implementation of agreementsNotwithstanding anything contained in any written law, the Minister may exercise all such powers and authorities and do or cause to be done all such things as appear to him to be necessary for giving full and complete effect to any agreement, instrument or bond signed or executed under section three.
7. Construction of borrowing powerThe authority to borrow conferred by this Act shall be in addition to any other authority or power to borrow conferred by any other written law.
History of this document
31 December 1996 this version
07 June 1968