Rural Councils (Beer Surtax) Fund Act, 1968
- Commenced on 16 January 1968
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Rural Councils (Beer Surtax) Fund Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"financial year" means the period commencing on the 16th January, 1968, and ending on the 31st December, 1968, and thereafter the period of twelve months ending on the 31st December in each year;"Fund" means the Rural Councils (Beer Surtax) Fund established under section three;"money" includes moneys on deposit in a bank withdrawable by cheque;"opaque beer" has the meaning assigned thereto by section two of the Customs and Excise Act;[Cap. 322]"register of voters" means a register of voters prepared and in force under the Electoral Act;[Cap. 13]"surtax" means any duties of surtax leviable under the Customs and Excise Act in respect of opaque beer;[Cap. 322]"ward" has the meaning assigned thereto in section two of the Local Government Elections Act.[Cap. 282][As amended by No. 1 of 1970]
3. Establishment of Rural Councils (Beer Surtax) Fund
4. Object of FundThe object for which the Fund is established is to provide grants for payment to rural councils in accordance with section seven for the purpose of assisting them in the discharge of any of their functions under any written law.
5. Contributions to Fund
6. Administration of FundThe Fund shall be administered by the Minister who may—
7. Operation of Fund for payment of grants and amounts thereof
8. Financial provisions relating to Fund
History of this document
31 December 1996 this version
16 January 1968