Companies (Certificates Validation) Act, 1969
- Commenced on 8 August 1969
- [This is the version of this document as it was at 31 December 1996 to 15 April 2010.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Companies (Certificates Validation) Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"Act" means the Companies Act;[Cap. 388]"officer" means any public officer heretofore designated as Assistant Registrar of Companies, or any other public officer who heretofore for the time being exercised the function of issuing statutory certificates under the Act;"Registrar" means the Registrar of Companies appointed under the Act.
3. Validity of certificatesFor the removal of doubts, it is hereby declared that any certificate of incorporation, any certificate of mortgage, any certificate of charge or any other statutory certificate heretofore issued for the purposes of the Act under the hand of any officer shall, for all purposes, be deemed to be and to have been validly and properly issued under the Act, as if the same had been issued under the hand of the Registrar.
History of this document
16 April 2010 amendment not yet applied
31 December 1996 this version
08 August 1969