International Game Park and Wildlife Act, 1971
- Commenced on 15 August 1973
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the International Game Park and Wildlife Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires‒"lessee" means the person to whom the International Game Park is let on a lease;"specified period" means the period for which the International Game Park is let on a lease to the lessee;"Act" means the National Parks and Wildlife Act.[Cap. 201]
3. Establishment of International Game ParkNotwithstanding the provisions of the Act, the President may, by statutory order, declare any one or more of the areas of land within the Republic and mentioned in the Schedule to be a National Park, thereafter to be known as the International Game Park, and may, in like manner, define, alter or extend its limits.
4. Application of the 1968 ActSubject to the provisions of this Act, the provisions of the Act and the rules, regulations and orders made thereunder shall apply, mutatis mutandis, to the International Game Park as they apply to any other National Park within the Republic.
5. Transfer or assignment of powers, duties or functions by the Minister
6. Power to appoint wildlife officers and wildlife rangers
7. Establishment of Advisory CommitteeFor the purposes of this Act, there shall be established during the specified period an Advisory Committee in place of the National Parks Board mentioned in section eleven of the Act.[Cap. 201]
8. Composition of Advisory CommitteeThe members of the Advisory Committee shall be appointed by the lessee, subject to the prior written approval of the Minister.
9. Functions and duties of Advisory CommitteeThe Advisory Committee shall, in respect of the International Game Park, exercise such functions and perform such duties as are conferred upon the National Parks Board under the Act.[Cap. 201]
History of this document
15 August 1973
|International Game Park (Lower Zambezi) (Cessation) Order, 1983||Statutory Instrument 37 of 1983|