National College for Management and Development Studies Act, 1972
- Commenced on 24 November 1972
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
Part I – Preliminary
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the National College for Management and Development Studies Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"Agreement" means the agreement entered into on the 31st January, 1969, between Friedrich Ebert-Stiftung Bonn of the Federal Republic of Germany and the Registered Trustees of the Council for the National College for Management and Development Studies;"College" means the National College for Management and Development Studies established under section twelve;"Council" means the Council for the National College for Management and Development Studies established under section three.
Part II – Council for the National College for Management and Development Studies
3. Establishment of Council for the CollegeThere is hereby established a Council under the name of the Council for the National College for Management and Development Studies which shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and a common seal, and shall, under the said name, be capable of suing and being sued and, subject to the provisions of this Act, of purchasing or otherwise acquiring, holding and alienating property, real or personal, and of doing and performing all such acts or things as a body corporate may by law do and perform.
4. Composition of Council
5. Tenure of office of members and vacancies
6. Meetings of Council and procedure
7. Committees of Council
8. Duty of members to disclose interestA member of the Council who is in any way directly or indirectly interested in a contract made or proposed to be made by the Council shall disclose the nature of his interest at a meeting of the Council, and the member shall not take any part in any deliberation or decision of the Council with respect to that contract.
9. Secretary to Council
10. StaffThe Council may appoint, on such terms and conditions of service as it determines, such persons as are in its opinion necessary for the due discharge of its functions.
11. Authentication of documents and execution of deeds
Part III – Functions and powers of the Council
12. Establishment of College
13. Functions of CouncilThe functions of the Council shall be to organise and provide relevant training courses and seminars—
14. Powers of CouncilIn addition to any power otherwise expressly or impliedly conferred by this Act, the Council shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, have power to do all or any of the things specified in the Schedule.
Part IV – Finance
15. Financial yearThe financial year of the Council shall be the period of twelve months ending on the 31st December in any year.
16. Funds of Council
17. Investment of moneys not immediately requiredAny moneys in the hands of the Council which are not immediately required for the purposes of its functions may be invested by the Council in such manner as it may consider proper and the Council may realise any such investment.
18. Accounts and audit
19. Duties of auditors
20. Annual report
21. RegulationsWith the approval of the Minister, the Council may, by statutory instrument, make regulations for the better carrying out of the provisions of this Act.
History of this document
31 December 1996 this version
24 November 1972