Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1972
- Commenced on 13 October 1972
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Termination of Pregnancy Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"hospital" means any institution run as such by the Government or any other institution approved in writing for the purposes of this Act by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health;"the law relating to abortion" means sections one hundred and fifty-one, one hundred and fifty-two and one hundred and fifty-three of the Penal Code, and includes any written law or rule of law relating to the procurement of abortion;[Cap. 87]"registered medical practitioner" means a medical practitioner registered as such under the provisions of the Medical and Allied Professions Act.[Cap. 297]
3. Medical termination of pregnancy
4. Conscientious objection to participation in treatment
6. Supplementary provisionsFor the purpose of law relating to abortion, anything done with intent to procure the miscarriage of a woman is unlawfully done unless it is done in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
History of this document
31 December 1996 this version
13 October 1972