Public Officers' Pensions (Zambia) Agreement (Implementation) Act, 1979
- Commenced on 1 November 1985
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Public Officers' Pensions (Zambia) Agreement (Implementation) Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"Agreement" means the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Zambia and the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland executed by the parties thereto on the 8th August, 1978, which Agreement is set out in the Schedule.
3. Cessation of responsibility for certain pensionsAfter the commencement of this Act, the Government shall cease to have any responsibility for the award, control administration and payment of pensions covered by the Agreement.
4. Expenditure to be charged on general revenues
5. Repeal of section 12 of Cap. 279Section twelve of the Widows and Orphans Pensions Act is hereby repealed.
History of this document
31 December 1996 this version
01 November 1985