National Assembly Staff Act, 1991
- Commenced on 20 December 1991
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
1. Short TitleThis Act may be cited as the National Assembly Staff Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"Clerk" means the person appointed Clerk of the National Assembly under section three."officer" means a person who holds or acts in any office in the department of the Clerk."Speaker" means the person appointed Speaker of the National Assembly under the Constitution.
3. Clerk of the National Assembly
4. Officers of National AssemblyThere shall be such other officers in the department of the Clerk as may be prescribed by a resolution of the National Assembly.
5. AppointmentsPower to appoint persons to hold or to act in any office in the department of the Clerk, other than the Office of the Clerk, and to exercise disciplinary control over persons holding or acting in such offices and to remove such persons from office, shall vest in the Speaker.
6. Status of persons in current serviceAny person appointed by virtue of the powers conferred by the Constitution of Zambia, 1973 or by any other law who is holding the office of Clerk of the National Assembly or is holding or acting in any office in the department of the Clerk shall continue in office as if the appointment was made under this Act.
7. Orders by SpeakerThe Speaker may, with the approval of the National Assembly, make such orders prescribing the general conditions of service for, and the conduct of, officers under this Act.
History of this document
31 December 1996 this version
20 December 1991