National Savings and Credit Bank of Zambia (Dissolution) Act, 1991
- Commenced on 6 September 1991
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 1996.]
1. Short title and commencementThis Act may be cited as the National Savings and Credit Bank of Zambia (Dissolution) Act, and shall come into operation on such date as the Minister may, by statutory instrument, prescribe.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"appointed date" means such date as the Minister shall appoint in pursuance of section three;"Bank" means the Post Bank Limited, a registered commercial bank under the Banking Act;"Credit Bank" means the National Savings and Credit Bank of Zambia established by section three of the National Savings and Credit Act.[Cap. 700 of the 1971 edition; Cap. 423]
3. Winding-up of affairs of Credit Bank and its dissolution
4. Vesting of assets and liabilities of Credit Bank in Bank
5. Registration of property to be transferred by Credit Bank
7. Legal proceedings
8. Repeal of Cap. 423The National Savings and Credit Act shall stand repealed on the appointed date.**At the time of preparation of this edition, no date had been appointed for the repeal of the National Savings and Credit Act.
History of this document
31 December 1996 this version
06 September 1991